GCSI Going Green
At GCSI, we are committed to reducing our environmental impact. Over the past year, we have been taking actions to make GCSI a “green” company. In the coming months and years, we will continue making steps for GSCI to become a leader in the alarm industry for environmental responsibility.
GCSI’s Green Practices:
- Implemented our Environmental Responsibility Program
- We have initiated our Go Paperless Program:
- GCSI has invested in multiple scanners and software packages to assists in our Go Paperless Program
- Archived documents are no longer printed. These documents are scanned for future reference
- Customers can now be emailed instruction guides and related documents
- Paperless Automatic Monthly Billing Program:
- Automatic Monthly Credit Card Payments
- Automatic Monthly Checking/ACH Debit/EFT
To sign up you can either call the office at 1-877-589-6111 or please download our Payment Authorization form and mail or fax to the office (please be sure to mail in a voided check if you plan on using your checking account).
- We recycle all of our suitable office waste:
- We recycle our used, non-confidential paper, as well as, reuse the blank side of one-sided printed documents.
- We purchase at least 30% post-consumer waste recycled paper products.
- Food containers
- Printer cartridges
- Shipping materials:
- We reuse our shipping materials such as packing peanuts, Styrofoam, bubble wrap, boxes, and packing paper
If you have any shipping materials you would like to recycle, please contact your local shipping store for more information.
- We have posted environmental educational material in our office for employees
- During business hours, any lights in rooms not in use are kept off and any electrical equipment not in use is also turned off
- We turn off lights and office equipment when office is not in use
- Office employees use silverware as well as glass plates, bowls, and mugs to eliminate unnecessary waste
- Office employees print documents doubled-sided on paper to reduce paper waste
- We keep our blinds closed to conserve heat in the winter and keep out heat in the summer
- We will recycle your alarm system battery for you for a fee of $1.00 (to aid in transportation cost to our recycle center)